Thursday, February 4, 2016

My Skincare Routine

So I've been thinking about making a post like this for a while now, and I only got around to doing it today as today seems to be a steady work week for me (yay productivity, right?). I thought of posting my skincare routine! 

Keep in mind that skincare routines vary from person to person, depending on the weather, the skin type, etc. If you're pretty lazy, like me half the time, then your routine would be relatively shorter. I've been reading up lately on the French skincare routine plus the much-talked about Korean 10-step skincare routine, so it's what got me thinking about my own. 




















Makeup Remover: For this one, I alternate between the 2 products I currently use, and both of which need some serious restocking, haha. I go through this step on days when I have makeup on, which is seldom nowadays since I work at home. 

Etude House Lip & Eye Remover - for generally lazy days
Banila Co. Clean it Zero Purity - for super lazy days when I just want to take my makeup off and not bother putting anything else on. Keep in mind that you can skip the other products for your face when you're super lazy and/or exhausted, just take your makeup off.

Exfoliator

Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask Wash Off - I use this once, twice a week, usually on weekends because I'm not pressed for time on those days. 

Cleanser: I honestly have no preference when it comes to foam cleansers, as my main concern when it comes to this would be for my skin to feel really clean. I've tried tons of cleansers, however, and I can say that I've narrowed it down, brand-wise. 

Laneige Pore Deep Cleansing Foam - I still have to put up a review on this, which may be up sometime soon. 

Toner: I've always been using the Eskinol cleansers for a while, mostly because they're pretty affordable (which ends up contradicting the money I'd pay for good skincare), but I'm trying to switch to better toners nowadays. 

Innisfree White Tone Up Skin 

Serum

Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum - I can say that I can skip the essence and head on straight to this since it works really well. 

Sunscreen: Before, during my college days, I never really got around to using sunscreen mostly because I was almost always in a hurry to get to school on time. But it was when I started working that I started investing on a good sunblock. 

Aritaum Parasol Tone Up Sunblock - This has a rather brightening effect on the skin, and it could also be used in place of face primer. 

As for sheet masks, I generally have no preference when it comes to this. I can basically buy from Etude House, or The Face Shop, or whichever brand that's the most accessible to me (in my case, it's the latter). 

For face mists, I have tried using MIOGGI's Hex Aqua Sublime 24 Hour Mist. It's great for when I need a little pick-me-up or wake-me-up (because I fall asleep on work) or just a general dose of moisture on my face. 

As for essences, I previously used Innisfree's Green Persimmon Pore Essence. It does the job of tightening my pores (because my pores are hella huge) and my skin looks relatively smoother and more matte after using it. 

As for creams/emulsions, since the weather here in Manila is mostly hot and humid, I try to go for the lighter route. I prefer the lightweight formulas and tend to go for emulsions over heavy creams even during the night. While I currently just use the Green Tea Seed Serum to moisturize my face, I previously used the Etude House AC Clinic Gel Lotion and then tried out the MIOGGI Hex Aqua Sublime Cream. Both are pretty light and yet really moisturizing at the same time. 

And that's basically it for my skincare routine! Let me know what your skincare routine is in the comment section, or link me to your posts! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment