Monday, May 16, 2016

A Soon-To-Be-Complete List Of My Holy Grail Products

So far, in this blog of mine, I've sort of never listed down my HG items, or the products I really really love. So, this list is not yet complete, but I don't think it ever will be complete since I am determined to try new stuff every month (if my paycheck allows it, haha). But, by now, since the past year, I think I have been able to list down the products I consider my Holy Grail, or forever faves. 

I will divide this into Skincare and Makeup, for everyone's reading pleasure. I will also constantly update this with the products that I feel would be new additions to this list. 

Let's go and get started! 


Skincare: 

Makeup Remover/Cleansing Waters, Etc.

  • Nature Republic Magic Lip & Eye Remover Mild - Pretty much at the top of my list, or top 3 lip and eye removers. It smells of chamomile, which is really nice. I've been through two or three bottles of this makeup remover and I wish they made a bigger size. 
  • Innisfree Olive Real Cleansing Wipes - I just tried this for a month since I was on a makeup wipes kind of phase. Makeup wipes are handy to have everywhere you go, especially in makeup emergencies, like a failed attempt to retouch eyeliner, etc. 
  • Banila Co. Clean It Zero Purity - I pretty much swear by this cleansing balm when the first two options aren't there. No more messy cleansing oils, because this does the trick. 
  • Biore Cleansing Oil - This may not be from a Korean brand, but compared to my previous two HG products, this is a very affordable oil cleanser that is just as effective. Plus, it smells like green apple, which is always nice. 
Cleanser/Foam Cleanser

  • Laneige Pore Deep Clearing Foam - I usually have no preference for foam cleansers because as long as it foams, then I'm good, but I'm more on making sure my face is hella clean. But this foam cleanser just made me rethink it all. It deeply cleanses my pores, lasted me three months, and it smells good too. Where have you been all my life?!
  • Etude House Dust Cut Foam Cleanser - This one, is almost, ALMOST the same as the Laneige one, but it mostly focuses on clearing away the impurities on the skin. You know, after being exposed to dust and smoke from the outside. 
  • Cosrx Good Morning Low pH Cleanser - I have only been using it for a week or so, ever since my Laneige one ran out. Gentle, but super effective in making my skin squeaky clean.
Toner

  • Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner - I also usually have no preference for toners, but it does help when it's targeted towards my humongous pores or something. But I have to say, this has become my HG toner. I just wish they didn't put this in a spray-type bottle. 
  • Cosrx BHA Skin Returning A-Sol - Some use this as a toner, some use this as more of an acne treatment. I usually use this as a toner and it helps clear most of my scars. 
  • Cosrx One Step Pimple Clear Pads - I've heard so many raves about this product. Knowing me, I get pretty lazy and when I have those lazy days, I only reach for a few products. These pre-soaked pads are a godsend! I don't need to open my bottle of toner and a cotton pad 
Essence/Serum: I've decided to put these two together because they're basically the same, the serum only being more concentrated. 

  • Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum - I'm about to go through my second bottle, so you pretty much know how much I love this. It's light, smells nice, and is effective in instantly moisturizing my skin. 
  • Cosrx BHA Summer Pore Minish Serum - I've only tried this one for a week or almost 2 weeks, but already, it's become another product that made me wonder 'where has this been all my life?'. It's not only light, it also mattifies my skin while keeping it moisturized underneath. Also, one bottle lasts a long time. Great for hot and humid weather! 
Lotion/Emulsion 
  • Etude House AC Clinic Gel Lotion - With this heat, I'm gearing towards gel lotions, or gel moisturizers and this one I've tried before, is something I like. I haven't been able to get another bottle of this, but I might just in the coming days. 
  • Laneige Balancing Emulsion Moisture - It's an incredibly lightweight moisturizer that I use a lot, especially at night. I think it even helped clear the bumps on my forehead too. 
Cream

  • Cosrx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream - I was raving about this and how it can moisturize not just my face, but on incredibly dry parts of my body. 
Sunscreen

  • MIOGGI Aqua Radiance Daily UV Sun Shield - My first ever sunscreen, and perhaps one I really love. It's light, doesn't smell like sunscreen that much, and it's SPF50 too. 
  • Biore Aqua UV Rich Watery Essence - This may not be a Korean product, but I just fell in love with this product immediately. It's very lightweight, leaves your skin with a powdery finish (except if you've got an oily t-zone or if you sweat a lot on your face like me), and it has a cooling sensation as well. 
Sheet Masks: 

  • Holika Holika Before And After Sheet Masks - If I was to have a HG among the sheet masks (which I don't usually), it would be this. I just love how it gives my skin a quick boost of moisture and hydration without it being too thick and without it taking a while for my skin to absorb. 


Makeup

Base Makeup

  • Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control - Perhaps my favorite bb cushion because it definitely caters to my oily/dry combination skin. It's got sunscreen, covers up my large pores well, and lasts long too. 
  • Aritaum All Day Lasting Primer - This one has a higher SPF than my current sunscreen itself! And it's pretty light too. It also covers my pores up, so I often wear this alone. 
  • IOPE Air Cushion - Another holy grail product I've found among base makeup is this. So many people are raving about this cushion and now I'm one of them. While the finish is slightly dewy, it still manages to stay on despite the heat. 
  • Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder - It's the HG product for many, and it's also a HG product for me. It's finely milled, it's translucent, and it smells of mint. 
  • Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control 2016 Edition - I just HAD to include this because the new formula is just a step up from the other one. 
  • Cosrx Make Me Lovely Cushion - Sheer coverage, semi-matte finish, cooling effect upon application. Need I say more? 
Eye Makeup
  • Innisfree Power Proof Brush Liner - I swear by this eyeliner so much. For someone like me who constantly gets teary eyes, this doesn't budge one bit, not even when I'm sweating due to the heat and humidity. Like, forreals, this does not budge! 
  • Etude House Oh M'Eye Line Liquid Liner - Not only does this hold the distinction of being my first ever K-Beauty product, it is also a holy grail product of mine. Like the brush liner in the previous point, this liquid liner does not budge through the heat and humidity and my constant teary eyes. I've gone through about six or seven tubes of these. 
  • Etude House Look At My Eyes Icing - My first cream shadow and my holy grail cream shadow. Too bad it got discontinued though. I would have wanted to get more of this. 
  • Innisfree Gel Pencil Liner - So creamy, it glides on easily, and aside from the usual smudging that goes on in the outer corners, it doesn't budge easily either. 
Lip Makeup
  • Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge - I swear by this so much that I am determined to get more shades. It smells and sort of tastes fruity, the color's bold and spreads out like a tint when you want that gradient look, and it just.. the colors are so pretty. Almost foolproof application too. 
  • Aritaum Style Pop Pudding Tint - another tint that I love. It does take a little bit for the color to show, but I reach for this so much when I go for a softer and more natural look. 
  • Nature Republic Water Tint - I haven't been able to pick up another bottle of this tint, but I reach for this a lot as well, it's become an easy favorite and has moved up to holy grail status of mine. 
  • Holika Holika Enamel Volip Tint - I've only had this for about a week or two weeks or so, and it's already reached holy grail status for me. The difference with this, compared to the pudding tint and the water tints I've previously mentioned, this is an oil-based tint, which means it won't dry out your lips. And it certainly doesn't dry mine out! It's become something I've reached for a lot when I need a pop of color to my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment