Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Laneige Two Tone Lip Bar Review + Swatch!

Okay, I'm going to come out and be honest: I've never really watched "Descendants of the Sun". However, after looking at the clip of Song Hye Gyo retouching her makeup in the elevator, I just HAD to find out what lippie she was using, and when I found out what it was, and what shade it was exactly, I HAD to get it. I think it's like that whenever you see something that looks good on a celebrity, you want to have it as well. 

As everyone who knows would probably know, Song Hye Gyo is the face of Laneige, which is one of the higher-end K-beauty brands out there. Laneige is under Amore Pacific, along with Innisfree, Mamonde, Aritaum, etc. So it comes as no surprise that the makeup she is seen using in the drama would be from Laneige. And me, having had a Laneige kick lately, I was set on buying something from theirs. 

I'm going to do a review of one of the new shades of their oh-so popular Two Tone Lip Bar. I ordered this off of Kpoptown for $18, I think (fairly cheaper than when you buy the product itself in a Laneige store here in the Philippines which sells for Php 1250). Still pricey, and it's also the most expensive lip product I own. 



I ordered the shade # 11 which is Juicy Pop, as you will see down below with the swatch and what it looks like on my lips. It's a mix of pink and yellow, and you can either apply it as is, and make a gradient lip, or mix both together to make a pretty coral shade. 


Another truth to me is that I suck at putting on lipstick. I can never get it right, and thus I stick to lip tints instead since they're pretty fool-proof. This one, the two-tone lip bar, is for those of us who want to get a gradient lip. 

My thoughts: 

- The packaging is nice and sleek. It looks so swanky, which is probably part of the price I'm paying for this, haha. 

- Unlike the usual bullet, this one is narrower and slanted, it reminded me of how those auto eyebrow pencils look like. But it allows for better application, and a gradient lip, if that made any sense. 

- I may suck at putting this on, but I like the color payoff. The color's as pretty as I expected. If you're wondering about the yellow, it doesn't show as much on my lips. I'd like to think it just makes the pink stand out even more. 

- The shade is perfect for me. It's almost like an MLBB kind of product for me. 

- It glides on easily. 

- The downside however, is that it seems to have dried my lips a little (either that or my lips were pretty dry beforehand) so it's advisable to wear lip balm before putting this on. Or if you fear that the lipstick would just slide and hardly put any pigment on your lips, you can put lip balm on after. 


My rating: 
4/5. Mostly because it seems to be a little drying, despite being able to glide on easily. It's also very pricey for a lipstick. But the color and the concept is what sold me to this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment