My Current Skincare Routine

Now that the weather has been slightly cooler, marking the start of our monsoon or rainy season here in the Philippines, I figured I'd share my current skincare routine. As much as I want to have a set skincare routine, I really can't as much. I am set on trying out new things, and you know how it goes with us beauty junkies; we have to get our hands on the new stuff that comes out. 

But I'll come out and say that I'm taking a more practical approach, seeing as I can't get myself buying new stuff everyday. I'm currently saving up for my trip to Korea this September so rest assured, that by the time I'm back, I will have a ton to blog about, a.k.a a big HAUL post. 

Moving on, some of the products here, I've already mentioned before in a previous skincare post, but some are fairly new as I am currently trying them out. Sort of. I will also try and post up another What's New sometime this week, but if not, maybe next week. 


The products that I'm currently using (not including the sheet masks). So let's get started!!! 

Makeup Remover:


Nature Republic Forest Garden Lip & Remover Waterproof

So, one of the few times I decided to go to Makati, and to the Nature Republic stand in Landmark (because that was literally the nearest Nature Republic store to me..the next one being in Megamall and I ain't going that far for some makeup) and I asked if they still had the Magic Remover Lip & Eye Mild (the one in the yellow packaging that smelled so nice) and they said they didn't have it anymore. I was sad because that was my HG. Still, I went for this one, because it's also as cheap as that. You can tell I've used it quite a few times, but I am once again running out, haha. This removes makeup fairly well, but I still prefer the Magic Remover. 

Foam Cleanser: 


The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Cleansing Foam

After my eyes have been opened to the wonderful world of actually knowing what cleanser works best for me, I've started looking for cleansers that would definitely suit my needs, and my needs are actually care for my large pores as well as blackheads and an oily t-zone. I figured I'd go for the whole Jeju Volcanic Lava skincare products I see from Innisfree and currently, The Face Shop. I massage the foam into my face for 1 minute (something I recently learned) before rinsing. 

Toner: 


Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

I actually JUST ran out of my BHA Skin Returning A-Sol, and thankfully, I've backed myself up in the toner department with, none other than my HG toner. I spray it onto a cotton pad a few times before applying it on my face. It's to help with my skin's texture. 

Serum/Essence: 


Cosrx BHA Summer Pore Minish Serum

I usually only use one product after the toner, so I focus more on serums than I do on essences, usually because serums are the more concentrated versions of the essences, it's probably why it's called a serum in the first place. This one is a mattifying, yet moisturizing serum that has sebum absorbing powder in the formula. I apply this with my hands, and I usually target the areas with huge pores before I put it on the rest of my face. 

Moisturizer/Lotion/Cream:



Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Lotion
Banila Co. White Wedding Dream Cream

My moisturizer/lotion/cream is different during the day and night. During the day I use the Banila Co. Dream Cream because it's lighter and absorbs faster. At night, the Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Lotion is what I use. 

Sunscreen:


Aritaum Parasol Tone-Up Sunblock SPF35 PA+++

Kinda regretted not getting into sunscreen until last year, since I was mostly on the go a lot. I don't really advise putting this on after my moisturizer because the sheen that my moisturizer usually gives my face just disappears once I put this on. But it is a sunscreen nonetheless. Without the moisturizer, this evens out my skintone and also makes for a good makeup base. 


Comments

Popular Posts