Attempted Look: Golden Smokey Eyes

So, here's the thing: While I love my eyeliners, I still need a lot of practice when it comes to playing with eyeshadows. 

So, the inspiration for this look is from the very first sequence of "X-Men Apocalypse" (strange, right?), the scene in ancient Egypt, the one with the very first horsemen. One of those horsemen had this really nice eye makeup that I wanted to try, and when I watched it again, I saw how it was done. This is me trying to recreate the look because it really looked so nice. I didn't bother with the base makeup in this attempted look because it's pretty much the same, and it's also according to your preference. 


Products used: 
Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil - #Brown
Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
Etude House Look At My Eyes Eyeshadow - #BR406
Etude House Play 101 Pencil - #1
The Face Shop Lovely me:ex I Want Rainbow - #11 Wonder Gold
The Face Shop Single Eyeshadow - #BK01
Nature Republic By Flower Liquid Liner - #Black
Laneige Two-Tone Lip Bar - #11 Juicy Pop






How-To:

1. Fill in your brows like you usually do, as eyebrows frame the face after all. But this step can be done before or after you do the eye makeup. 

2. Prime your eyes, on the upper and lower lids, since the look calls for color on the lower lash lines. 

3. Take a light, almost pale yellow gold shade and apply it all over the lids, focusing on the inner corners since it'll also be an inner corner highlight. 

4. Take a copper-y, bronze-y kind of gold shade and use it as a transition shade, applying it on the middle of the lids, extending at the outer corners. Blend the two shades where the pale yellow ends and the darker shade begins. 

5. Take a matte black shadow and apply it on the outer corners, blending it with the darker gold shade. Apply it on the outer half of the lower lash line as well. 

6. If the black shadow overtakes the darker gold, pat on some more of the darker gold on the middle of the lid. Pat, not blend, especially if the eyeshadow tends to have a ton of fallout. 

7. Line your eyes with black liquid liner, and put it in a thin wing, extending it to where the black shadow ends. 

8. Using a black pencil liner, line the lower lashline and waterline. 

9. If you want a more dramatic look, pile on the mascara and put on some falsies. I didn't in this one as my eyelashes are pretty stubborn and I don't have false lashes in my arsenal. 

10. Tone down your lips with concealer or foundation and put on a light coral shade of lipstick/liquid lipstick/lip tint/tinted lip balm, whatever you have. 

Comments

Popular Posts