Saturday, October 1, 2016

eSpoir Ultra HD Nude Liquid Powder Cushion, Lip Stain Oil Tint & Pro Definition Palette Liner Set Swatches + First Impressions

So, I may not have pushed through with my trip to Korea, but my friend was nice enough to get me the stuff I wanted. Espoir is one of the brands that I've been dying to try out because they all look so pretty and nice. These are just three things actually, and one of them is a gift. My reaction to seeing all this is the same reaction I had when I received my Laneige cushion. 

Oh, I mentioned this before in a What's New post too, so it's like one of my dreams has come true. haha 

So, let us start!!



The things I have: 
- Ultra HD Nude Liquid Powder Cushion  - #4 Petal 
- Pro Definition Palette Liner - Intense Black
- Lip Stain Oil Tint - #5 Paris

Let us start with the biggest one among the three. This is my friend's birthday gift to me too by the way. 



Espoir came out with their Nude Liquid Powder Foundation before, but recently I think they changed up the formula a little bit and the packaging of the bottles as well. They now even have a cushion for it as well. I'm actually looking to try out foundations in bottles sometime. Maybe when I've got the money. 

Anyway, this cushion retails for around 35,000 won, or nearly $35. My friend got this for me as a gift too. And it comes with it's own refill. I got the shade #4 Petal. I was actually considering getting the darkest shade, #5 Tan among the cushions but when I watched Lamuqe's recent makeup tutorial involving some Espoir products, she said that the Petal shade in the cushion is darker than the one in the bottle. 


The description of the product on the box reads: Liquid Powder - Like cushion foundation enabling perfect nude skin expression powder from developed formula with fine UHD powder which changes into soft powder the moment it touches your skin
TL:DR: It's lightweight but sets into a powdery, matte finish. 



The packaging is just like the cushions out there. You can easily place the refill inside too. But the difference is that the cushion's packaging has a very rubbery, matte finish. 



As usual, you see a little sticker to keep the cushion fresh. Revealing the sponge that's soaked with the foundation. It still looks so pretty. Oh, and the foundation has this nice and flowery scent that wears off in time. 





A swatch on my hand. I'm surprised and impressed that I got another cushion that matches my skintone. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY. I have yet to test this out though because I just got it today. 

Now onto another product. The Pro Definition Palette Liner. 



I initially thought my friend wouldn't buy me this because this wasn't on sale anymore when she was in Korea. But I was surprised that she did! haha. Anyway. This set has the eyeliner and the brush seen in their advertisements. The description on the box reads: 


A hybrid fluid gel-texture eyeliner expresses highly clear eyeline with its convenient palette like container and unique brush. 
Unique indeed. Actually, this whole product in itself is very unique. It's like a liquid-gel eyeliner from the description. Turn the bottom to the right to get it to dispense the product. Make sure not to get too much or it'll probably dry and be all crusty by the bottle. The set retails for 27,000 won or nearly $27 for those of you who are wondering. But the bottle alone costs 18,000 won, I think. 






 As you can see, the brush is detachable, and you're supposed to turn it to your desired angle when you put on the eyeliner to get a more precise line. As I came from the outside, I had eyeliner on but it was flaking off so I put this one on top. 

I'm not so used to a brush like this one, but the color payoff is intense! It's really black! 



How it looks on my eye. I'm really impressed with this! However, this isn't tear proof. I was wiping my eyes and some of the product got off so there's that. But I don't really mind that. 

And onto the third product on my list the Lip Stain Oil Tint. I got it in the shade Paris. This retails for about 16,000 won or nearly $16. 





As it is an oil-based tint, you can expect it to not be drying your lips at all. It's actually pretty sheer but you can build up the color. It has that same flowery scent as the cushion too. The description on the box reads: 
An oil tint infused with a blend of six essential oils supplies voluminous expression and natural color to lips. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been keeping my eye on the new espoir cushion since it was released in Korea 3 mths ago. My skin is normal to dry though and with the matte finish, I hope it won't leave my skin too dried out after prolong usage. The lip colour looks lovely on you. Hope to hear your thoughts on the cushion after you've worn it for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fennielyn!

      So far it didn't dry my skin out but I'm combination-skinned (oily tzone, dry cheeks) so I can't really say if it could even if I've worn it quite a few times. The safest thing to do would be to put a moisturizing primer underneath, or moisturize before putting this on. I did a post where I took the cushion out for a test run for a whole day out though, if you want to check it out (http://cushionpops.blogspot.com/2016/10/espoir-ultra-hd-nude-liquid-powder_2.html) . And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! I've been keeping my eye on the new espoir cushion since it was released in Korea 3 mths ago. My skin is normal to dry though and with the matte finish, I hope it won't leave my skin too dried out after prolong usage. The lip colour looks lovely on you. Hope to hear your thoughts on the cushion after you've worn it for some time.

    ReplyDelete