Sunday, October 2, 2016

eSpoir Ultra HD Nude Liquid Powder Cushion Update/Review

So, in my previous post, it was a first impressions for my 3 new acquisitions from eSpoir. The other two products (the eyeliner and the liptint), I figured I'd have already reviewed them from when I swatched them on. This leaves me to the cushion itself. 

I gave it a test run today, paired it with the eyeliner + the liptint and did my brows with the Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Skinny Eyebrow Pencil in dark brown. I also primed my face for this with the Aritaum All-Day Lasting Primer. 

Since I commute, I think this is a perfect opportunity to see if my foundation can withstand the Manila weather. Also, I did not retouch my base makeup for us to see if this is sweat-proof. 

Before, when I just left the house around 7 am: 


In the natural light, you can see that the shade I got has a pinkish hue, so a pinkish beige, but I personally don't mind that. 

After, a few hours later, nearly 3pm: 


I was at a very long line at a sale in S&R, so I stood in the scorching heat. It also led me to sweat a lot. I had to retouch my eyeliner and liptint quite a few times too, although keep in mind that my face usually sweats more than my back so it may be one of the reasons why. 

My thoughts

  • It doesn't slip or slide, but it does transfer. 
  • Some foundations may make it obvious when they fade, but this one fades in a natural way (if it made any sense). 
  • I wouldn't say this would stay intact under the scorching heat, so there's that too. 
  • It also tends to settle in the pores and around the nose which usually happens among many cushions. If you have dry skin, I suggest you moisturize before putting this on because it might settle in the dry patches of your face. 
  • It lasts a fair amount of time, but you might want to retouch every now and then. 
  • It does control the oil a little bit. I have an oily t-zone, and while there was a little shine, there isn't much. 
Pros: 

  • It has a matte, or powdery finish, great for oily or oily/combination skinned people. 
  • It controls oil. 
  • It doesn't slip or slide. 
  • It also fades naturally after wearing it for a while. 
  • It didn't break me out at all, so it could probably work for people with sensitive skin. 
Cons:

  • It isn't budge-proof. It can transfer. 
  • It isn't exactly sweat-proof either. 
  • It settles into pores and possibly even in fine lines or patches. 
  • The price is a little steep. 


Final thoughts: 


I don't really wear foundation every day, but for those of you who do wear a full face everyday be it for work or whatever, this is a good foundation to try especially in hot or humid weather. It's somewhat rare to see a K-beauty brand that has a matte cushion since K-Beauty is all about the dewy glow. If you want to invest in a great cushion that finishes matte, this is a good one. 

Some cheaper alternatives to this would be the Etude House Real Powder cushion, the Innisfree Longwear Cover or Longwear Waterproof cushion or the Mamonde Cover Powder cushion. Fellow mid to high-end alternatives would be the IOPE Air Cushion Matte Longwear, Hera UV Mist Cushion Longstay Matte and the Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment