Friday, December 9, 2016

Holika Holika Waterdrop Tinted Foundation First Impression/Review

So, honestly I don't know whether to consider this as a review or a first impressions because I literally just got this today. Haha. But anyway! It's been a while since I did a product first impressions/review and this time, it was something I've previously placed on a "what's new." 

It's the Holika Holika Water drop Tinted Foundation! Also, this now holds the distinction of being my first ever liquid foundation. 

I got this off BeautyMNL for Php895. For a foundation, it's actually reasonably priced. It costs a little less than the Etude House Double Lasting Foundation. Anyway, I got this in the shade #2 Warm Ivory. 



As it says on the box, the Waterdrop Tinted Foundation is a long lasting liquid foundation that provides a matte finish as the light texture adheres to the skin while moisturizing the skin with water droplets. 





There is about 30mL of product and it's actually a dropper type inside compared to the Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream, which has a spatula. The dropper's in the cap, and it goes up when you open the bottle. I don't know how to explain it, but yeah. 


It's definitely very watery. 


You can see what I mean by the whole dropper thing in this photo. Just be careful, you might squeeze a lot of product out of the dropper. 


It's one drop of the foundation on my hand. 


The swatch on my hand. It might come off a little light on my hand, but it's close to my actual skintone. I was heading out the same day I got this so I figured I'd give this a test run too. It feels rather powdery to the touch, which is nice. It reminds me of my Cosrx Pore Minish Serum, where it feels powdery but soft as well. 



I used a few drops on my face and blended it in with a sponge I got from The Face Shop. It does have a matte finish, but it doesn't feel drying. Then again, I guess it was because I was already sweating when I put it on. 

The other products I used on my face: 
Holika Holika 3 Second Finish Browcara
Etude House Oh M'Eye Liquid Eyeliner
Espoir Lip Stain Oil Tint 

I went out to the mall for a few hours, ate and walked around and did some more errands. 


This is what my makeup looked like after those hours. Keep in mind that I commuted and it was a bit humid so I was sweating. My face got a little bit oily during this time, but it did last all the while I was out. 

Thoughts: 

- The shade is still a little light for me, but it's still close! 
- It manages to last for a few hours, but I have yet to see if it can last a lot longer than that.
- It's surprisingly smaller than I thought it would be, but the packaging is simple and pretty. 
- The coverage is light to medium, but buildable! 
- It's also very lightweight, which is good because I don't really like foundations with a heavy texture. 
- This foundation is perfect for normal/combination/oily skin. It may look too drying for those with dry skin, but for dry-skinned gals/guys who want a matte complexion, it would be best to take a moisturizing primer underneath. 
- The dropper makes things easier and hygienic, so the amount you get on your hand is controlled. 
- Because it's quite lightweight and because of the coverage, I'd say it could be good for everyday use. 

Rating: 4/5
Will I repurchase? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment