My Holiday Makeup Look - Mattes and Pink Lips

So, it's the holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone of you! This year was a shitstorm of bad events, but there are still a lot of good moments too. 

Let me start off by saying a big thank you to all of you that read my blog. This has become one of my passion projects and I'm so glad that at least there are people that check out my posts. 

With that, I will show everyone the look I had for the festivities this Christmas. A lot of people choose to go glittery or full-on glam for the holidays but for me, this look was just inspired by one of Audrey Hepburn's makeup looks, particularly in her movie with Cary Grant, called Charade. Her look is rather timeless and is still being done today. Matte face, matte eyes and pale pink lips. 

Here's a screencap. I made sure to get one with her eyes closed so I see the eye makeup she has on: 



This is my spin on the look. I didn't have false lashes with me (since Audrey Hepburn wears some in the movie) so I made up for it with eyeliner. 



Products Used: 

Holika Holika Water drop Tinted Foundation - Natural Beige
Holika Holika 3 Second Finish Browcara
Aritaum Styling Eyes Palette - Grey Brown
Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
Etude House Oh M'eye Line Liquid Liner - Grey
Etude House Play 101 Pencil - #1
Laneige Two Tone Lip Bar - Juicy Pop 




How-To: 

1. For this look, I advise to do the eye makeup first, especially if the eyeshadow you have tends to have a lot or some fallout. Prime your eyes first, on both upper and lower lids. If you have cream shadow that's close to your skintone, you can do that instead, because it'll help the eye makeup last longer. 

2. First, put on a nude beige shadow, or the shadow closest to your skintone all over your lids. Then as a transition shade, put on a light brown shadow on your crease. Make sure to blend the harsh edges. 

3. Take a grey or taupe eyeshadow and put it on the outer v of your upper lids and the middle to the outer corners of your lower lashline. You'll want to connect the dark shades and blend or smudge it out to make it look soft. 

4. Take a liquid eyeliner and line your eyes, making a teeny tiny wing at the end. Line the middle to the outer corners of your lower lashline with a black or dark brown pencil liner. Keep away from the waterline, or use a nude pencil for that. It's to make the eyes look brighter. 

5. Fill in your brows and make them look as natural as possible, since the focus is on the eye makeup. If you have mascara and falsies, curl your lashes and apply a few coats to get some volume. 

6. This is where you can do your base makeup now, with your favorite cushion foundation or liquid foundation. You can go ahead and use concealer on your trouble spots, but I prefer adding more layers on the spots with foundation. If your foundation tends to be quite dewy, set with powder. 

7. Put on some pink cream blush, or powder if that's what you have. If you don't have blushers like me, use a pink lip tint and pat pat pat! 

8. Now, since the look calls for toned down lips, you can do a light gradient lip or swipe on a pink or coral-pink lippie. 

Comments

Popular Posts