My Top 10 Products of 2016!

I normally don't do posts like these, except for my list of Holy Grail products because my makeup collection is relatively small for a beauty blogger, and I usually throw away my bottles of skincare products the moment I use them up. Also, I don't really try a lot of new skincare products (probably because I'm a bit wary, given my skin issues a few months ago). But now, I think it's safe to say that I've tried quite a number of new products this year, some of which are still in my arsenal. 

So, before the year ends, I'd like to do a little something new. My Top 10 Products of 2016! 


In no particular order: 

1. Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner: So far, I've only tried out the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner from the Korean toners I've tried. Then I went back to using Eskinol and I know those two products I mentioned have a ton of alcohol, which is bad for the skin because it hella strips the moisture away. Then I came across this. This toner also holds the distinction of being my very first Cosrx product. It does wonders for my skin, and I've used about three or four bottles of it ever since. I still have about nearly 1/4 of product left in the bottle I currently have. 

2. Holika Holika Before & After Sheet Masks: I usually don't have a preference for sheet masks, because I feel like they ofter the same thing: moisture. I use face masks when I feel super lazy to put on my other skincare products (bad, I know) because they give me the moisture I need. Until I decided to use this. I think I used a couple of these masks last year, I can't recall, but now these masks have become quite a go-to for me when I need pampering and when I feel lazy. At the moment I'm hoarding these so I can use a lot later. 

3. Biore UV Rich Watery Essence - For the longest time, I thought that sunscreens were usually of a thicker consistency, until I saw this product and read soooooooo many rave reviews about it. I tried it out for myself and I can definitely see why this sunscreen was worth the hype. It's super lightweight, like I'm barely wearing sunscreen, it feels cooling on the skin and it dries to a powdery finish! This sunscreen has forever set the standard for me, and I'm about to repurchase my third bottle! 

4. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask - This was a more recent purchase, like a month or so ago. I heard so many beauty bloggers and youtubers rave about this sleeping mask and I just tried it out now. I'm fighting the urge to use this as a night moisturizer because it's lightweight and smells really good. After one night of use, I saw the effects on my skin. I noticed that my skin brightened and looked a lot more hydrated. I'm halfway through my first ever tub and I know I'm going to purchase another. 

5. Laneige New BB Cushion Pore Control - My holy grail cushion. The cushion that I reach for more than the other bb cushions that I have. I already loved the original cushion that they had, but when I saw the new version, I wanted to get one right away and I eventually did. It's just as good as the original version, but only a little better in my book because this time around I actually knew my shade in terms of Korean bb cushions/foundations. 

6. Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 3 Second Finish Browcara - I usually preferred those eyebrow pencils, and then I just decided to try browcaras that I see a lot in K-beauty tutorials. This holds the distinction of being my first ever browcara, and the one that matches my hair (for now) as well. It fills in my brows well, and it saves me a lot of time. I don't need to shape my brows carefully with this product which is great. 

7. Etude House Oh M'Eye Line Liquid Eyeliner - My holy grail liquid liner. I particularly love this in the grey shade because the grey is more on the gunmetal side. It sets and it stays put forreals! This is probably my fifth or sixth tube already too! 

8. Etude House Play 101 Pencils - Bless Etude House for constantly coming out with good products like this one. I guess its because I don't use these pencils as much as number 7, but they've maintained their creamy and blendable texture until now. I use these pencils when I don't feel like putting on my liquid liners. I actually reach for these pencils a lot more than the other pencil liners that I have. 

9. Espoir Lip Stain Oil Tint - Because of my lack of know-how when it comes to applying lipstick, I'm more of a lip tint kind of gal. When I found that water-based tints can be pretty drying on the lips, I switched to oil based ones and this was one of the two oil tints that I have and love at the same time. Plus, I've been leaning towards more coral-pink/orange shades lately. 

10. Holika Holika Pro Beauty Enamel Volip Tint - Last but certainly not the least, the second oil tint from the two oil tints I have and love. Compared to the previous one, this is a more on the coral-pink side, and it looks sooooo nice. The one I have is Flash Coral, and it looks reallly nice on the lips. It keeps my lips moisturized and yet hella shiny at the same time in a good way. 

Comments

Popular Posts