Friday, February 3, 2017

Attempted Look: Edgy Valentine's Day/Single Awareness Day Makeup

It's February, and it means couples around the world get lovey-dovey while the singletons watch from a distance. Kidding! Of course everyone's going to do their own thing during the month of love~ In my case, it's my mom's birthday. 

Anyway, for the past few days, I've been experimenting a whole lot with makeup. Since my schedules a lot more flexible lately with work, I have been coming up with different makeup looks and some of which are most definitely a fail. I'm not exactly on the expert level when it comes to putting on makeup because there are things I have yet to learn and practice. Do you guys have also have difficulty when it comes to putting on makeup? 

I honestly get confused when it comes to the eye makeup and the lips. Oh well, before I go off in another direction, here is the look I've created! It's more on the edgy side, or at least I think so. Haha. It's got tones of shimmery beige and grey/taupe on the eyes and gunmetal liner. It also has peachy coral cheeks and a pink lip too. As always, you're free to add or subtract some steps in this tutorial. You can even use just one shadow for a wash of color. 


I really can't line my eyes thinly >.<


Products used: 

Holika Holika Waterdrop Tinted Foundation - #2 Warm Ivory 
Aritaum All Day Tip Concealer - #2 Natural Beige
Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder
Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 3 Second Finish Browcara - #4 Dark Brown
Etude House Look At My Eyes Icing (discontinued, I think) - BE101 Vanilla Icing
Innisfree Shadow Stick - #10 Galaxy Grey
Etude House Play 101 Pencil - #1
Etude House Oh M'eye Line Liquid Liner - Grey 
Espoir Lip Stain Oil Tint - Paris
Banila Co. Glow Tint - #3 Fall in Pink 
Aritaum All Day Makeup Fixer





How I did It: 


  1. I've been reaching for the Holika Holika Waterdrop Tinted Foundation a lot lately, so I put this on for my base. It lasts a fairly long time (see my review on this) and it has a matte, sort of powdery finish. I used a sponge that I sprayed with the Aritaum All Day Makeup Fixer to put it on. 
  2. I did some concealing and reached for another product I've been using a lot more lately, the Aritaum All Day Tip Concealer. I put some on my dark circles as well as some blemishes. Unfortunately there are just those breakouts that are hard to cover. 
  3. I set my t-zone and undereye area with the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder. I think I shouldn't have done that because I looked incredibly matte. lol. 
  4. I filled in my brows with the Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 3 Second Finish Browcara. Seriously, props to whoever thought of making an eyebrow mascara. This brow mascara is my ultimate favorite. It's pretty foolproof. 
  5. Next, it's time for the eyes! I put on some shimmery beige cream shadow, like the now-discontinued Etude House Look at My Eyes Icing. I actually hit pan on this shadow but I really couldn't bear to part with it. I noticed that there are K-brands who have very limited cream shadow shades in pots and 99% of the time, those cream shadows are base colors. However, that doesn't mean that K-brands don't have 'em! Missha's Modern Shadow range has cream shadows, as well as Aritaum Mono Eyes + Shine Fix Eyes, VDL and Espoir have pot shadow clusters (which are basically like the Shine Fix Eyes), Peripera has their Jewel Pots and A'Pieu has their Creamy Butter Shadows. Holika Holika also has them too. 
  6. To give a little definition, I used the Innisfree Shadow Stick on the outer V area of my eyes. While it does say Galaxy Grey on the description, it's actually a taupe color. While it hasn't set, I made sure to blend the beige and the taupe together with my fingers. 
  7. One of the tricks I have into making my eyeliner stay put is by lining them with the pencil liner of the same color, or at least almost the same color. I lined my eyes with a little wing at the end with the Etude House Play 101 Pencils, then covered it up, and lined the lower portion of the outer v area of my eyes with the Etude House Oh M'Eye Line liquid liner
  8. Another trick, since I don't have a blusher on me is using a lip tint for the cheeks. I used my Espoir Lip Stain Oil Tint to give my cheeks a pop of color. 
  9. Lastly, I swiped on some pink lip tint like my Banila Co. Glow Tint

No comments:

Post a Comment