Espoir Pin-Up Curler Eyeshadow Duo Swatches + Thoughts

I am back with a product that I'd like to share my thoughts on. These were actually coming from Espoir's line that got discontinued, so it's a given that these are now hard to find, but bless Kkochipida (see my where to buy tag) for having these in stock. As far as I know, they only have the red duo left in stock now. 

The Pin-Up Curler Eyeshadow Duos from Espoir! 

I got my hands on both duos from the collection, the Salon de Jane duo and the Hunting Lady duo. The duos are Php 385 each on Kkochipida + Php 70 shipping fee if you're in the Metro Manila area. 



Both shadow palettes have satin/shimmer shadows. Flurry is more of a beige-almost white kind of color while Splendid is a shimmery navy blue. Pump Up is a beautiful rose gold while Sensuous is more of a rusty red kind of color (I really don't know how to describe these ><) 


Swatches from the Salon de Jane duo



Swatches from the Hunting Lady duo

If you're someone who expects insane pigmentation at first touch, then you might be disappointed, because these shadows, or most eyeshadows from Korean brands tend to be the buildable type. Although the shades that do go on smooth on my wrist are the lighter ones. 

An attempt at a Suicide Squad Harley Quinn look. I actually bought the shadows for this purpose, haha.

I used both shadows in the Hunting Lady duo (Sensuous and Pump Up) while for the blue side, I only used Splendid from the Salon de Jane duo. 

Side note: I'm not going to post a separate tutorial for this look seeing as there are so many tutorials for Harley Quinn all around the interwebs. 

Other products I used for this Harley Quinn inspired look: 

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge - #4
Espoir Pro Definition Palette Liner - Intense Black
Etude House Play 101 Pencil - #1
Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 3 Sec. Finish Browcara - #4 Dark Brown
Mary Kay Baked Eye Trio - Field Day (just the blue part) 

Thoughts: 

  • They're easy to blend. There is some kickup so make sure you tap your brush to rid the excess product. 
  • When I swatched these shadows, I liked how smooth and buttery they felt on my fingertips. 
  • Minimal fallout. I still suggest starting the eye makeup first before the base to avoid the mess. The fallout in my look in the photo above was from the other blue shadow. 
  • Like I said earlier, the darker shades are actually buildable. 
  • Although I didn't experience creasing, it's still best to wear a primer underneath (especially if you're going to do a look like this, haha) 

Comments

Popular Posts