Innisfree Skinny Volumecara, Skinny Fixercara, and 2016 Jeju Color Picker Eyeshadow Kit First Impressions/Review

I'm back from being away for so long. I have been preoccupied with other things outside this, and I only managed to drag my ass to the post office to get the last of what I'm going to discuss here. Unfortunately, due to my finances being a little non-existent at the moment, I might be scarce in posting entries such as this here. However, I will try to post more frequently. 

Anyway, I'm here to give my first/second impressions on three Innisfree products i have ordered over the months. I got one from iBuyBeauti and from KpopTown (see my "where to buy" tag for links to the site). 

The Innisfree Skinny Volumecara, the Skinny Fixercara, and the 2016 Jeju Color Picker Shadow Kit. 


I got the Skinny Volumecara from iBuyBeauti, while the Skinny Fixercara and the eyeshadow palette is from KpopTown. With that, lemme start out with the mascaras. 





Because my lashes are incredibly stubborn, but are fairly long, I've given up on wearing mascara, or at least mascaras that I want to try, because my lashes cannot hold a curl for the life of me. I've been wanting to purchase the Etude House Lash Fixer, but I can't seem to get around to doing so, so the Innisfree version is what I got for now. 

For those of us who aren't familiar with lash fixers, they're basically primers for your eyelashes, with ingredients to help care for them, while making sure they hold the curl your eyelashes have when you curled them earlier. Thus, here is the Innisfree Skinny Fixercara. It's got the same wand as most of their skinny mascaras, which I love. 


I tried this a few weeks ago for the first time, and I was rather disappointed because it seemed like nothing was coming from the wand, like there wasn't any product on it. I went to the mall with my sister, and before I left the house, I curled my lashes, put this on, and then the Skinny Volumecara. They were pretty curled and intact when I left the house. But when I got to the mall, my eyelashes were drooping. Not cool, Innisfree! 

I tried it again today just to give it another shot and finally some product came out! I think it's because it got warmed up enough whenever I keep it. It's a product you might have to be patient with, if you're considering purchasing this. 

Since we're on the subject of mascaras, enter the Skinny Volumecara. 


Compared to the other Innisfree skinny mascaras, the wand is curved, perhaps the usual look for volumizing mascaras. It manages to define my eyelashes, but I'm not so sure on the volumizing part. 

Please excuse the redness. I used both the Fixercara and the Volumecara here.

As I've just mentioned, it totally defined my eyelashes (although it isn't so visible here. Danged eyelash curler gave up on me just when the Fixercara warmed up to me) but as for volumizing, it didn't do much. This might call for further test runs to see if it really does make my lashes look thicker. It doesn't clump either, which is another plus. 

Last but certainly not the least, is the 2016 Jeju Color Picker Shadow Kit. I got version #1 from Kpoptown. 



I'm personally excited by this because I've never tried Innisfree eyeshadows before. This is part of their fall collections, that includes two highlighter/blush duos and lipsticks. The case may be plastic, but when it closes, it's almost magnetic. It also comes with a dual-ended brush, so yay! First Innisfree brush. I've got my eye on their brushes too. 


Unfortunately, because my Korean is limited, I don't know what the shade names are in English. There are three shimmers, and two mattes. Shade #1 is a matte beige-white color, Shade #2 is a shimmery champagne pink, #3 is a shimmery coppery-brown kind of color, Shade #4 is like a  shimmery burgundy-like brown and Shade #5 is a matte brown. 

Swatches! 
As you can see, the shimmery shades seem to swatch better than the mattes. They all feel incredibly soft, and the mattes feel a lot powdery which also means there will be some kickup or fallout if you apply them directly so you will have to tap the excess off your brush. The shimmer shades aren't chunky, and they feel super creamy when I swatched them. 

The look I created using the palette and the mascaras.
With some guidance from a tutorial that I saw on the other instagram account of Innisfree, I managed to put all the shades on the palette on my eyes, but I primed them first using my Etude House Proof 10 eye primer. I put Shade #1 all over my lids and my lower lids, #2 on my upper lids, #3 on the crease, #4 on the outer third of my eyes, and #5 along my lashline. 

I lined my eyes using the Powerproof brush liner in brown, and put on the Vivid Tint Rouge in Pink-ade. 

So far, I'm not so into the matte shades, but they did apply nicely and blended easily. I'm not so much of an eyeshadow wearer on the daily, but I can definitely see myself reaching for this palette on special occasions or if I have to go out of town and have to bring some makeup with me. 

Comments

Popular Posts