Thursday, June 15, 2017

My Point Makeup Collection!

As I have said in my previous post, I might not be able to post up hauls as much anymore, or at least for now because I'm in a tight spot, finances-wise. However, I will try to post other things outside of hauls, and this is one of them! 

I just want everyone who reads this to keep in mind that I'm not bragging. My makeup collection is pretty small for a beauty blogger and also because I tend to throw out products that I just can't use right away, thus the small size of it all. I'll put my even smaller base makeup collection in a separate post. 

This post may also give you an idea of what kind of products to try if you're looking for something new too. If you've tried any of what I've used here, let me know in the comments what you thought about it. What you like, what you didn't like. I'm looking forward to getting to know my readers a lot more :D 

I've sorted these by kind, although one group is made up of a mix of products. Let us begin! 

My Lip Products: 


From left to right: 

Innisfree Creamy Tint Lip Mousse - #4 Spring Romance Peach

I honestly got this because of Pony and her Love Day makeup tutorial from 2 years ago, I think. While it looked good on her, it reminded me of how I suck so much at putting on lipstick, all the more a liquid lipstick like this one. It didn't look good on me either. Sad. 

Laneige Two-Tone Lip Bar - #11 Juicy Pop

I've fallen into the trap that many have fallen into when it comes to K-Beauty. Song Hyegyo's look in one scene of Descendants of the Sun made me super curious as to what she put on her lips. You know, the one where she gets ready and re-touches her makeup in the elevator? Where she didn't really open the part where the cushion actually was when she retouched her foundation? That one. I looked far and wide in many online shops until I came across the post where it reveals what shade of the Two-Tone Lip Bar she was wearing. I love the color, and the coral-pink hue it gives my lips whenever I don't feel like doing a pink-yellow gradient lip. It is a bit drying, though, so I always make sure to wear lip balm underneath. 

Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge - #5 Pink-ade

I actually forgot what got me to buy this one, but I've never looked back on that. This is one of my go-to lippies whenever I go out or go to work! It smells (and tastes) nice, and it doesn't dry out my lips. I can do a good gradient lip with this too, it's pretty fool-proof. The downside of this is that it tends to bleed, so a lip liner is needed if I want a full-lip. 

Holika Holika Pro Beauty Enamel Volip Tint - CR01 Flash Coral

I've always had watery-type tints when I first started out putting together my own makeup collection. The downside of those tints is that it's incredibly drying. I first saw this on Liah Yoo's Youtube, where she reviewed the whole collection. It's an oil tint, so it's super moisturizing. This is another one of my go-to lippies whenever I go out or go to work. 

Banila Co. Tinted Love Glow Tint - #3 Fall in Pink 

Another lippie that is quite similar to the Volip Tint I just mentioned, this is also a lippie that serves as my MLBB. The color looks so natural on my lips. It's not sticky, it's not drying, the color is super pretty. The price is comparable to the Volip Tint too, so it's fairly reasonable. 

Aritaum Honey Melting Tint - #5 Apple Tart

Where do I begin with this? First off: it totally smells and tastes like green apple/apple candy. It's a candy apple red that, like the creamy tint lip mousse, reminds me of how much I suck at putting on lipsticks. I do try and make a gradient lip from this though. 

Espoir Lip Stain Oil Tint - OR401 Paris

Another oil-based tint, and this is the first time I've tried an orangey-coral kind of lip tint before. Because it's an oil-based tint, it's not sticky, it's not drying, it's not streaky. It also smells good too. 

Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge - #4 Sunny Red

I have plans on collecting the whole line of these lippies, but so far I haven't been successful. I also needed a better red lippie, so I obviously had to go look for a nice one, and ta-da! Here it is. It's the same as the Pink-ade one, not drying, not sticky, smells and tastes good, but it does bleed. 





My Eye Shadows! 


In no particular order: 

Aritaum Styling Eye Palette - #4 Grey Brown

I've always wanted to get my hands on the Mono Eyes by Aritaum, but I decided to order this instead. I used this whole palette for my holiday makeup look. The shadows are rather powdery and have some kickup and/or fallout when I applied them. Nothing really special, but the size is pretty compact. 

Innisfree 2016 Jeju Color Picker Shadow Kit - #1 

I've done a first impressions review on this in my previous post. Love the dual-ended brush it comes with, love the color selection. I especially love how smooth and creamy the shimmery shades swatch on my arm. 

Etude House Play 101 Blending Pencils - #11, #12

I love these. Super blendable, super creamy. I just really wish they had more colors, especially a white and black. Super bright colors are a big plus too. 

Innisfree Shadow Pencil - #10 Galaxy Grey 

I was inspired to get this particular shade after seeing Hilary Duff's makeup in an episode of her sister's cooking show. It isn't super grey, but more like a glittery taupe. If I just want a wash of color other than eyeliner on my lids, then this is a go-to for me. 

The Face Shop Lovely Me:Ex I Want Rainbow Shadow & Single Shadow - #11 Wonder Gold , BK01 Black Veil 

On a hunt for a matte black eyeshadow, I had to settle for the Black Veil one. It's pretty pigmented, and blends really well. As for the Wonder Gold, it isn't so pigmented when I swatch, but this is better off being applied with fingers as a lot of shimmer and glitter shadows are. 

Etude House Look at My Eyes Cafe & Jewel - BR406, PP509 (Regular), BL601 Cubic Blue Piercing (Jewel), BE102 Honey Milk, BR402 Cafe Mocha, and BR406 (Cafe)

When it comes to single eyeshadows, I really look to Etude House for that. They are so pigmented, apply so easily, and blend so easily. The shimmery shades are what make me swoon with how good the color payoff is. Unfortunately, the shade ranges of these single shadows are incredibly limited in the boutiques and the booths in the department store. They even pulled out 90% of the Play 101 Pencils to make way for the Blending Pencils instead of keeping both. 

Espoir Pinup Curler Eyeshadow Duo - Salon de Jane, Hunting Lady 

I've also done a review on these shadows before and I find them to be really smooth and buttery when I swatched them. Minimal fallout and the pigmentation is really good. 

Eye Liners! 



Banila Co. Eye Love Cushion Gel Eyeliner - Brown

Compared to the gel liners that tend to dry out, this doesn't dry out at all. This has been with me for a year or two, and I find that it's still very fresh and the net controls the amount of product that gets on my brush. 

Espoir Pro Definition Palette Liner - Intense Black 

One of Espoir's new releases last year that I asked my friend to buy while she was in Korea. As much as I love how intense the black is, it isn't waterproof, it isn't smudgeproof, it isn't budgeproof either. I only use this if I'm going to an event where it's airconditioned and I'm not commuting. 

Innisfree Powerproof Brush Liner - #2 Light Brown, #3 Dark Navy 

As much as they are the same product, there is a difference in longevity between the two. The light brown tends to come off, especially if I don't prime my lid or put on brown pencil liner first. The dark navy one stays put. 

Etude House Play 101 Pencil - #1, #3, #40

I originally had about 6 of these, but I had to throw 3 away because they were dried up and wouldn't go on as smoothly. Then again, it really depends on which pencil because some go on creamy, while some don't and take some effort. These remaining 3 pencils still go on so smoothly that I use these more than I do the brush and the gel liners I own. 

Innisfree Gel Liner Pencil - #9 

Just like the remaining Play 101 pencils that I own, this gel pencil from Innisfree still glides on easily. 

Miscellaneous Eye Makeup Products: 


Aritaum Idol Lash - #1 Shy, #6 Daily 

My first pairs of false lashes. I'm not really into the dramatic kinds of false lashes (I'm not into the Instagram-makeup life) and the whole Idol Lash line might just be my favorite because they are super natural looking, even with the "dramatic" types in the Idol Lash line still look natural. 

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

Aritaum Matte Formula Auto Brow Pencil - #5 Dark Brown 

At first I wasn't so impressed with this brow pencil, but then recently, I've been reaching for this for a more natural look because it isn't too pigmented that my brows might come off as those Instagram-brows, but it does fill in the sparse areas of my brows as well as make them look a little bit more fuller. 

Aritaum Idol Brow Mascara - #2 Natural Brown 

From the two brow mascaras I own, I almost never reach for this. Why? The shade is a little too light for my brows, plus the wand is super big. The wand is as big as a mascara wand so it's hard to be precise when filling in my brows. I might give this away to a friend. 

Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Skinny Brow - #2 Dark Brown 

I got this because I was curious about the hype towards skinnier brow pencils. This isn't something I normally reach for just because it's super pigmented, a lot more pigmented that a light hand is needed. 

Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 3 Second Finish Browcara - #4 Dark Brown 

In the same line as the skinny pencil I just mentioned, this is my go-to brow product. If I'm in a hurry and need to look put together, I fill in my brows with this and I'm good to go. 

Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil - Dark Brown 

One of my first ever brow pencils. It fills in the sparse areas while maintaining the natural look. This is an oldie but goodie for me. 

The Face Shop Freshian Big Mascara - #1 Curling

I only got to use this once, and I wasn't so impressed because my lashes are super stubborn and cannot hold a curl. I might give this another whirl now that I have a lash fixer. 

Innisfree Skinny Volumecara & Skinny Fixercara

I'm a sucker for Innisfree's skinny mascaras and I've owned two in the past but I threw them away because they dried out. As for these, I've done a first impressions/review on these two products. As I wasn't so impressed the first time I used these, I might give them another chance soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment